Thursday, April 16, 2009

LuLu's Discovery

On Friday, April 10, I drove my two children to Foley, AL on the Gulf Coast. They were going to spend their spring break with their grandparents. Jonathan had to work so it was just me, the kids, and LuLu. That night we were unloading the car and LuLu discovered sand. My step-mom has some sand around the bottom of a few palm trees in the front yard. As soon as she stepped on it she stopped and looked down in amazement. She kept trying to dig in it so I took her inside.





















The next morning I went outside with her to enjoy the beautiful sunshine. She found a pile of sand in the back yard and I am not exaggerating, she play for a least one hour in the sand. She would run and bounce on it to watch it fly into the air, she would dig in it and my favorite was when she would take a big bite of it and sling her head so the she could watch it fly through the air! I am surprised she didn't poop a sandcastle.


















She did great on the trip. She traveled well in the car no whining, no accidents, and no car sickness. She would find a spot in the floor where the sun wasn't shining and sleep. She got along well with my Dad's jack russell, "Jack". They enjoyed running and wrestling with each other. LuLu did find a few spots that she liked. Her favorite was between these pots. The concrete was cool and shaded and the best part was Jack couldn't get her. she enjoyed her trip but was glad to get home and she her Mama!























1 comment: